18. 5. 2012

Lourenzá - Gontán (en)

In the albergue in Lourenzá we met Enrique (another Spanish pilgrim) and the next day he started with us. Even though Nunny, Beatrice and Jacques left a little bit earlier to get somewhere their morning coffee, we met them soon after and our group this day was made out of nine people!
As we needed to ascend to about 500m from almost the sea level and the group was not really unified in their speed, we splitted it naturally as we walked. Every now and then we met each other but we walked much more extended.
Today I spent mostly with Beatrice, Nunny and Jacques.
With Nunny I was for example running around Mondonedo and looking for a bakery. Until we finally found it! But it was not a bakery I would have expected, there was no shop, it really was just a bakery and you could buy the bread directly from the baker. And it was the first "real" bread I had there in Spain, oh, how happy I was to hold it in my hands! And Nunny looked as happy as me from our discovery. Together we left Mondonedo as the last ones from our group, a little bit nervous if Beatrice and Jacques were waiting for us somewhere or not.
The rest of the day we spent walking in a very rural and forestal countryside with only few houses along the road which you cannot really call a village. The road was not very steep but permanently gained altitude. After few kilometres we run into Beatrice and Jacques and immediately felt much better. Neither Nunny nor me said it, but we were a little bit worried about the disappearing of the two.
I got into a very deep and personal conversation with Beatrice and later with Jacques, listening to their life stories and wondering how great people they are, how open hearted and bright. Both of them and especially Beatrice have my deepest respect also because they were so open with me and trusted me so much. I learned a lot from them, from their philosophy and attitude to life. I have few tips for reading from Beatrice and I am eagerly awaiting a book which Jacques is writing about the Camino and his life.

When the four of us arrived to Gontán, the Spanish guys were already there - all of them. And Ramiro started to prepare what he had promised - a great paella for all of us! We had so much fun not just eating it but already preparing it. Drinking the red wine and Gaseosa, giving advice to Ramiro and laughing a lot we spent amazing afternoon (yes, afternoon because we arrived to the albergue quite early today). I learned new things about Spain and Spanish people and also about the members of our group - that Nunny used to work as a chef, the story about Ramiro and his divorce and many others. We spent a wonderful day and our group got even bigger - one of the lovely Japanese ladies, Akie, joined us for the dinner and the next day walked with us.




Mondonedo.
The baroque church in Mondonedo
was too big to take a good picture of it.
Very bad picture of the great bakery with yummy bread!

Galician nature.


Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat